2-in-1 Carrot Cake
For the cheesecake:
460g (2 packs) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp Sasko Cake flour
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup sour cream
For the carrot cake:
1 ½ cups Sasko Cake Flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter
¼ cup milk
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup carrots, grated
For the topping (optional):
85g cream cheese, room temperature
3 tbsp butter, softened
1 ½ cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a spring form cake tin, 23 cm in diameter and set aside.
For the cheesecake mixture:
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and 1 ½ tsp flour until well combined. Add cream cheese and using a hand mixer set on low speed, blend together cream cheese and granulated sugar mixture until smooth.
2. Mix in eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined after each addition and adding in vanilla with the second egg. Blend in sour cream.
3. Forcefully tap bowl against countertop to release air bubbles. Set mixture aside.
For the carrot cake mixture:
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave and mix with the milk.
3. Cream together the eggs and the sugar. Mix in the milk mixture, following with folding in the dry ingredients. Fold in the grated carrots.
To assemble carrot cake cheesecake:
1. Pour 1 ½ cups carrot cake mixture into the greased tin and spread into an even layer. Using a spoon dollop about a 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over the carrot cake layer.
Spoon remaining carrot cake mixture over cream cheese layer, then finish by drizzling the remaining cheesecake mixture over the carrot cake layer, working to cover all of the carrot cake mixture.
2. Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until centre portion only jiggles slightly.
3. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then chill in refrigerator 6 hours.
For the topping:
1. In a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the icing sugar and vanilla essence and mix until pale and fluffy, about 4 - 5 minutes. Spread evenly over cheesecake then chill cheesecake in freezer for 20 - 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle edges with chopped pecans. Slice & serve & ENJOY!