2 Ingredient Dough 4 Ways
4 cups Sasko Self-Raising Flour
3 cups plain yogurt
1. Sift the flour and gently fold in the yogurt with a spatula until the mixture forms a dough.
2. On a floured surface, knead the dough by hand for 5-8 minutes. If too sticky, add more flour, a little at a time, while kneading. Cover and set aside until you’re ready to use your dough.
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tbsp garlic, crushed
Fresh coriander, chopped
1. Divide the dough into 5-8 equal balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into 5mm thick ovals.
2. Heat a pan. Carefully lay the naan dough into the pan and fry until slightly puffed with a light char. 2-3 minutes a side.
3. Combine the crushed garlic with the melted butter and brush the naan bread on both sides, as they are removed from the pan.
4. Sprinkle with chopped coriander.
5. Serve warm with a delicious curry and enjoy!
4-5 cups cooking oil, of choice
1. Divide the dough into 10-12 equal pieces and roll into smooth balls.
2. Heat oil in a medium pot (170°C). Gently drop the dough balls into hot oil. Turn constantly, deep fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
3. Serve warm with SA style curried mince and some chutney and ENJOY!
½ cup Tomato puree
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
½ cup mushrooms, cooked
6 slices ham, cut in cubes
3 tbsp butter, melted
Fresh parsley, chopped
1. On a floured surface, divide the dough and roll out two equal rounds (23cm diameter).
2. Spread the tomato puree on the bottom half of each pizza base.
3. Top the same half with cheese, ham and sliced mushrooms.
4. Fold the top half over to create a half moon shape and seal by crimping the edges with a dab of water or egg wash.
5. Carefully transfer the calzones to a greased baking sheet. Lightly brush the top of each calzone with melted butter, season with salt and bake until golden, about 25-30 minutes at 180°C.
6. Sprinkle over chopped parsley and enjoy with tomato sauce!
1 egg – egg wash
½ cup sesame seeds, mixed
1. Divide the dough into 6-8 equal balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball out to form a rope about 3cm thick. Form a round circle by pinching the ends of each rope together.
2. Place bagels onto a greased baking sheet. Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 20-25 minutes at 180°C until cooked all the way through.
3. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before filling.
4. Cut each bagel in half, spread with butter.
5. Layer with lettuce, tomato slices, cheese, bacon and a soft fried egg and ENJOY!