3 Cheese and Biltong Pastry Bomb
1 tub of President cream cheese
1 pack of President Blue Cheese
½ cup biltong shavings
½ cup chopped nuts
¼ cup chopped chives
1 cup mozzarella, grated
Salt & pepper to taste
1 roll puff pastry
1 jar caramelised onions / onion marmalade
1 tsp chives, finely diced (to garnish)
To serve (optional):
Assortment of crackers
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, biltong shavings, chopped nuts, chives and mozzarella.
3. Fold through large chunks of blue cheese.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Form into one large ball.
6. Roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin and flour. Trim the sides of the pastry to form a square shape.
7. Place the pastry square on the prepared baking sheet, spread caramelised onions (store bought or home-made) over the puff pastry and place cheese ball in the center.
8. Fold the pastry around the cheese ball, seal the edges well at the top of the ball and flip the ball over so that the pastry seal is at the bottom.
9. Brush the pastry ball with an egg wash and bake until golden, about 25 - 30 minutes.
10. Serve the puff pastry ball on a cheese board surrounded by crackers and a selection of other platter staples. ENJOY!