4 Ingredient Amarula Ice-Crème Brûlée
2 cups vanilla ice cream
4 egg yolks, room temperature
80 ml Amarula
40 - 60 ml Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 165 and grease 4 small oven-proof ramekins
2. Scoop the ice cream into a microwave-proof bowl.
3. Microwave for 1 ½ - 2 ½ minutes, or until completely melted (700 Watt microwave).
4. Allow to cool slightly then drop in your egg yolks and mix with a fork.
5. Pour in the Amarula and stir lightly until well incorporated.
6. Divide the mixture equally amongst 4 ramekins.
7. Place the ramekins in an oven-proof baking dish.
8. Pour hot water into the baking dish, until it reaches half way up the sides of the ramekins.
9. Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until set but slightly jiggly in the centre.
10. Remove the ramekins from the baking dish and allow to cool to room temperature.
11. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or overnight for best result.
12. Preheat the grill on its highest setting.
13. Sprinkle the sugar onto the cooled custard base and place right under the hot grill, while watching closely. This should caramelize within 5 minutes and form a dark caramel crust.
14. Alternatively, a blow torch can be used to caramelize the sugar and form the crust.
15. Allow the Amarula Crème Brûlée to sit for a couple of minutes (3-5min) before serving and ENJOY!