4-Ingredient Milk Tart Squares
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
2½ cups cream
3 packs (150g each) Beacon mmmMallows Vanilla Custard Mallows
1 pack (200g) coconut biscuits
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Rooibos with a splash of milk
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Neatly line a square baking dish (20cm) with tinfoil, ensuring the foil is pressed into the corners and hangs over the sides.
2. To a large heatproof bowl, add ½ cup of cream, ½ cup water and the Beacon mmmMallows Vanilla Custard Mallows. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring regularly, until the Beacon mmmMallows Vanilla Custard Mallows have melted and the consistency is smooth.
3. Place plastic wrap directly onto the custard in the bowl to prevent a skin from forming and allow to cool in the fridge to thicken slightly, about 30 minutes.
4. Using an electric hand mixer, whip the remaining 2 cups of cream and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon for 2-3 minutes to form stiff peaks. *Chef’s Tip: Whisk by hand if preferred!
5. Gently fold the whipped cinnamon cream into the cooled marshmallow mixture.
6. Line the bottom of the lined dish with an even layer of coconut biscuits.
7. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the biscuit base and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
8. Place another layer of biscuits on top, ensuring they align with the bottom layer of biscuits. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight until set.
9. Using a small sieve, dust 1 tsp cinnamon over the tart.
10. Cut the tart, along the biscuit lines, into squares. Serve with a cup of milky rooibos tea and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍