5 Ingredient Amarula Fudge
Serves 36 cubes
125g (½ cup) butter, cubed
2 cups castor sugar
1 can condensed milk
½ cup Amarula Cream
5ml vanilla essence
1. Line a square tray, 20 cm x 20 cm, with baking paper and set aside.
2. Add the butter, castor sugar & condensed milk to a large saucepan and allow to melt on a medium-high heat.
3. Once melted & well combined, add the Amarula.
4. Stir continuously, using a wooden spoon, for 15 minutes until the mixture reaches soft ball stage and colour changes to medium caramel colour.
5. At this stage do the ‘cold water test’ to see if the fudge is at soft ball stage. Drop a small amount of the mixture into a cup of cold water, using a clean spoon. The mixture should form a small ball in the water. When removed from the water, it should hold shape in between your fingers but should also be easily flattened if pressed.
6. When this stage is reached, mix in the vanilla essence.
7. Pour the fudge into the prepared baking dish and after 5-10 minutes cut into 36 equal cubes before it hardens. Allow to set firm, for +/- 2 hours, before removing the fudge from the baking dish.
8. Serve any time of the day and ENJOY!!