Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 30 minutes
1 bag (1kg) baby potatoes
1 pack (200g) streaky bacon
1 cup Nola Original Mayonnaise
2 tbsp chopped chives, plus extra for garnish (optional)
2 large avocados
2 (100g each) plain feta rounds
Chargrilled chicken breasts
Tomato, red onion and basil salad
1. Add the potatoes to a large pot, cover with cold salted water and simmer for 12-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and set aside in the pot to cool for 10 minutes before slicing the baby potatoes in half. *Chef’s Tip: Season the water with 1 teaspoon of salt!
2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and fry for 4-5 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper. *Chef’s Tip: For extra crunchy bacon, add a splash of oil when frying!
3. Chop the bacon into bite-size chunks (2cm) and set aside while preparing the potatoes.
4. Combine the halved potatoes with the Nola Original Mayonnaise and chopped chives, if using, and mix until combined.
5. Add half of the creamy potatoes to a large shallow platter.
6. Cut the avocado into 2cm chunks. Sprinkle half of the avocado over the potatoes, along with half of the bacon. Crumble one feta round on top. Repeat with a second layer. *Chef’s Tip: Keep chopped avocado in lemon water until ready to serve!
7. Garnish with more chopped chives, if using. Serve with chargrilled chicken breasts and a tomato, red onion and basil salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
5-Ingredient Bacon, Avo & Feta Potato Salad