Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 10 minutes
2 cups leftover braai meat (sliced chops and boerewors rounds)
2 cups cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled White Rice
2 large eggs, whisked
2 large leftover braai mielies
1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
Finely chopped parsley
Finely chopped red onion
Ciabatta toast with avo slices
1. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Cut the leftover braai meats into bite size pieces and fry for 3-4 minutes until caramelised and warmed through.*Chef’s Tip: Use any leftover braaied meat!
3. Add the cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled White Rice to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes, until lightly toasted. *Chef’s Tip: Great for using leftover rice!
4. Turn the heat down to low, and add the whisked eggs and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring lightly, until the eggs are cooked through or done to your liking.
5. While the eggs are cooking, cut the mielie kernels off of the cob and stir them through the rice mixture. Remove the pan from the heat. *Chef’s Tip: Use 1 tin corn kernels instead!
6. Scatter the baby tomatoes over the brekkie scramble.
7. Garnish the brekkie scramble by scattering some finely chopped red onion and finely chopped parsley on top. Serve with avo toast and orange juice and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
5-Ingredient Brekkie-For-Dinner with leftover braai!