Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour
7-8 large potatoes, peeled
3 tins (410g each) KOO Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
1½ cups cream
2 vegetable stock cubes
2 cups (250g) grated cheddar cheese
Grilled chicken kebabs
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1.Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a medium rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Thinly slice the potatoes.
3. Arrange a quarter of the potato slices in an even layer in the prepared dish. Spread a third of the KOO Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce over the potatoes and top with ½ a cup of the grated cheese. Repeat 2 more times and then finish the bake with a layer of potatoes. Reserve the remaining cheese for later.
4. Pour the cream into a heat proof bowl. Crumble the stock cubes into the cream and heat the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute. Whisk to combine. *Chef’s Tip: Replace with beef or chicken stock, if preferred!
5. Pour the cream mixture over the layered dish. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Scatter the remaining cheese on top and bake for another 6-8 minutes until the cheese has melted.
6. Garnish the cheesy bean and potato bake with chopped chives. Serve with chicken kebabs and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
5-Ingredient Cheesy Bean and Potato Bake