Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
8 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 cups mayonnaise
2 cups Mrs H.S. Ball’s Chutney™ Original or Mrs H.S. Ball’s Chutney™ Jalapeño, plus extra for serving
8 slices white bread
3 cups grated cheese, of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a large bowl, stir the shredded chicken and mayonnaise together. *Chef’s Tip: Add chopped parsley for extra flavour!
3. Toast the bread slices in the toaster until golden and crisp.
4. Place 4 slices of toast in the centre of a large 23cm square baking dish.
5. Top the bread with half of the chicken-mayo mixture and spread it out evenly. Dollop and spread half the Mrs H.S. Ball’s Chutney™ over the chicken-mayo.
6. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top. Repeat the layering once more, finishing off with a cheese layer over the top. *Chef’s Tip: Add a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese for an extra cheesy bake!
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese has melted and crisped slightly.
8. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into portions. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with a green salad, chutney dipping sauce and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
5-Ingredient Chutney-Mayo Chicken Bake