5-Ingredient Peach & Custard Fridge Tart
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 2-3 hours
2 packets (125g each) vanilla sandwich biscuits
3 tbsp custard powder
¼ tin (96g) condensed milk
⅔ cup cream
2 tins (410g each) KOO Peach Slices in Syrup
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Grease a round 20cm deep loose-bottom quiche tin with non-stick cooking spray.
*Chef’s Tip: Use a loose-bottom cake tin, if preferred!
2. Place the sandwich biscuits in a resealable plastic bag and bash lightly with a rolling pin. Place the biscuit crumbs in a medium bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Add 2 tablespoons of water and stir. *Chef’s Tip: Add a splash more water if mixture is too dry!
3. Gently press the biscuit mixture into the tin and refrigerate until needed.
4. In a heatproof bowl, whisk the custard powder, condensed milk and 2 cups of water to combine. Microwave for 4-5 minutes, stirring the custard every minute until it thickens. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the cream with an electric beater until stiff peaks form.
6. Once the custard has cooled, whisk with an electric beater until smooth. Using a spatula, fold the whipped cream into the custard.
7. Strain the tins of KOO Peach Slices in Syrup. Set 1½ tins of peaches aside for the topping and chop the remaining peaches into small cubes.
8. Fold the chopped peaches into the custard filling. Spread the filling over the base and smooth out the top. Decorate with the reserved peach slices.
9. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set.
10. Cut the tart into portions. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍