Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
400g beef steak cubes
2 tbsp Hinds Southern Grill All In One Seasoning
12 pieces streaky bacon
2 tbsp Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
6 maraschino cherries
1. Set up your braai and soak the skewers in water for 1 hour to stop them burning when braaing.
2. Add the beef cubes and Hinds Southern Grill All In One Seasoning in a medium-sized bowl and stir until evenly coated.
3. Skewer the edge of the 2 pieces of streaky bacon onto the skewer stick, followed by a cube of beef. Repeat following with more beef cubes, ensuring to weave the piece of bacon around each beef cube. Repeat this until you have about 4 cubes of beef.
4. End each skewer with a maraschino cherry, if using and set aside until ready to braai.
5. Add the apricot jam to a small heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute or until the jam has turned to a runny consistency
6. When the coals are medium hot, braai the skewers for 5-7 minutes for medium-well steak, basting the skewers with the apricot jam at 2-minute intervals.
7. Serve the oepsies alongside a side salad and your choice of braai sides, and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
5-Ingredient Steak Oepsies