400g chicken pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste;
1 tsp crushed garlic
2 green chillies, cut into pieces
1 tomato, peeled and cubed
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
150ml coconut cream
½ cup of water
3 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil;
Few curry leaves;
Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Red chilli rounds for garnish
1. Chop chicken, onion, & tomato and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add the onion and fry until golden.
3. Add ginger, garlic and green chillies, fry for a minute until fragrant.
4. Add turmeric powder, cumin and red chilli powder, fry for another 30 seconds.
5. Add the chopped tomato to the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add the diced chicken to the pan, add salt and mix well. Let it cook until the chicken is browned, stirring occasionally.
7. Add the water and curry leaves to the pan and close over the lid. Cook for 20 minutes.
8. Lower the heat and add the coconut cream & Amarula to the pan.
9. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
10. Spoon jasmine rice into the bottom of the coconut halves.
11. Spoon the curry over the rice topped with fresh coriander garnish and fresh chilli rounds.
12. Serve with crispy poppadums & ENJOY!