Apple Rose Custard Pie
2 rolls of puff pastry
150ml Parmalat custard
30g brown sugar
Apricot jam, as needed
1. Cover a pie pan with a sheet of puff pastry, gently pressing it to the edges and up the sides
2. Trim the excess pastry off with a knife and poke holes into the base with a fork.
3. Pour the custard onto the puff pastry to form an even layer.
4. Cut 3 apples in half, remove the core and cut into thin slices.
5. Arrange the thinly cut apple slices around the outer edges of the pie.
6. Cut the second sheet of puff pastry into 2-3cm strips.
7. Alternate the apple slices with strips of puff pastry. Roll the final strip into a little ‘rose’ and place in the middle of the pie.
8. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake at 210 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the pie from the oven, brush with warmed apricot jam and dust with icing sugar.
10. Cut into slices and serve with a scoop of ice cream and some warm custard… And ENJOY!