Baked Camembert Bread Board
5 cups self-raising flour
2 ½ cups Parmalat full cream yoghurt
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups basil pesto
1 cup sundried tomatoes, in oil
1 ½ cups grated Président Mature Cheddar Cheese
¼ cup melted Parmalat Garlic & Parsley Butter
1 (125g) Président Camembert Traditional
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a medium-large square baking tray.
2. Remove the Camembert from the fridge and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Place the wheel of camembert into the centre of the tray and set aside.
3. Sift the flour & salt together and gently fold in the yoghurt with a spatula until the mixture forms a dough.
4. On a floured surface, knead the dough by hand for 5-8 minutes. If too sticky, add more flour, a little at a time, while kneading.
5. Roll out the dough into a square, until 1 cm thick.
6. Generously spread the basil pesto over the rolled out dough.
7. Drain and slice the sundried tomatoes thinly and layer onto the pesto.
8. Top with the grated cheese and roll the dough from one end to another.
9. Slice the large log into 4 -5 cm thick pieces and pack the buns tightly around the camembert wheel.
10. Brush each bun, as well as the camembert wheel, generously with some garlic & parsley butter.
11. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the buns are golden and the camembert wheel is soft and melted.
12. Cut around the outer edge of the camembert wheel with a sharp knife and lift the rind/ lid to reveal the gooey camembert centre, dig in and ENJOY!!
1. Garnish with fresh basil.
2. Serve this delicious camembert bread spread immediately and ENJOY!!