Banana & Bran Breakfast Muffins
3 cups Bokomo Bran Flakes
1 cup milk, warmed
4 small bananas
⅓ cup honey
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine the Bokomo Bran Flakes and the milk. Allow to seep for about 8 minutes until the bran flakes have softened slightly.
3. Slice 2 small bananas and add the slices to the bowl of bran. Drizzle over the honey and add the egg and the oil. Beat using an electric beater until the mixture is well blended.
4. Sift the flour and salt and fold into the bran mixture until just combined.
5. Divide the bran muffin batter between the 12 muffin holes. Slice the remaining 2 bananas into 6 slices each and place a slice on top of each muffin.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly on a cooling rack.
7. Serve the branana muffins for breakfast and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store the leftover muffins in an airtight container for 3-5 days.