+/- 1 cup IMBO kidney beans
+/_ 1 cup IMBO small white beans
1 cup grated marrow
1/4 cup spring onion
2 tbsp fresh coriander
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp crushed garlic
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
Flour for coating
2 tbsp olive oil for frying
Hamburger seeded rolls
Sweet chilli sauce (optional)
1. Pour roughly 1 cup kidney beans & 1 cup small white beans into a bowl and soak them overnight
2. Drain the beans and cook them in 3 cups cold water; bring to the boil and cook until soft. Drain the beans once cooked.
3. Place the beans in a larger mixing bowl and mash them.
4. Add 1 cup grated baby marrow, 1/2 cup spring onion, 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp paprika, lemon zest, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, salt, pepper & 1 egg to the mashed beans.
5. Stir the mixture until combined.
6. Form patties with the mixture and coat with a dusting of flour.
7. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and fry the patties until golden brown and crispy.
8. Assemble the seeded roll together with the patties, lettuce, ago, cheese, slaw and sweet chilli sauce and ENJOY!