Deep Purple G&T
250ml Bombay Sapphire Gin
Fresh basil leaves
For the garnish:
1. With a potato peeler, finely slice the beetroot.
2. In an airtight container, refrigerate gin together with the beetroot slices overnight to allow beetroot to dye the gin a deep purple.
3. Strain the gin before serving.
4. Finely chop basil leaves, fill a jug with water adding in the chopped basil leaves and allow these to infuse the water. Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Strain out the leaves, leaving only the clear infused water.
6. Place a basil leaf into each ice cube tray hole, cover with infused water and freeze.
7. Serve your cocktail with 2 basil infused ice blocks, 2 shots of beetroot infused gin, cucumber slices and Schweppes tonic water... And ENJOY!