1 cup Aunt Caroline parboiled rice
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup corn flour
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup tomato, diced
1/4 cup coriander
1/2 cup mixed vegetables
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp ginger
1 1/2 tsp biryani masala
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/3 cup cottage cheese
Oil for frying
1. Bring 1 cup Aunt Caroline rice to the boil in lightly salted water, allow to simmer until cooked.
2. In a small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup flour with 1/4 cup corn flour and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
3. Chop 1/4 cup onion, 1/4 cup tomato and 1/4 cup fresh coriander.
4. In a small pan, bring 1/2 cup mixed frozen vegetables to the boil and simmer until cooked. Strain and set aside.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, brown the onion with 2 tsp ginger, chopped tomato, 1 1/2 tsp biryani masala and 1/2 tsp chilli powder. Add in the mixed veggies and cottage cheese and stir to combine.
6. Add the rice and chopped coriander to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
7. Roll the mixture into balls measuring roughly 1 tbsp each.
8. Dip each ball in the flour mixture and breadcrumbs before frying until golden brown.
9. Serve with yoghurt and coriander dipping sauce and enjoy!