3 cups watermelon juice (about 1/3 of a large watermelon)
½ cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 shot Bacardi Carta Blanca rum
Schweppes Mojito Mix, Mint & Lime Flavoured Drink (250ml)
Lime slices to garnish
Mint leaves to garnish
1. Scoop or cut the watermelon from the rind and puree the flesh in a food processor or blender.
2. Strain the puree into a large bowl to eliminate seeds and pulp.
3. In a small saucepan on a medium heat, combine ½ of the watermelon juice with the sugar and salt, cook stirring until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, let it cool a bit, and then combine with the remaining watermelon juice and lime juice.
5. Pour the mixture into a dish, cover and freeze overnight.
6. Once frozen, scratch with a fork and place back into the freezer.
7. Fill a chilled glass ¾ full with granita and top with a shot of rum and Schweppes Mojito Mix.
8. Garnish with a slice of lime and fresh mint leaves.
9. Serve & ENJOY!