300g white bread flour
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp of salt
10g instant yeast
180ml-200ml lukewarm water
30ml sunflower oil
Butter, cut into 1cm cubes
6 tsp Bovril
Cheddar cheese, cut into 1 cm cubes
1. Combine the flour, sugar and salt and sprinkle the instant yeast on top.
2. Add the oil and just enough lukewarm water to form a stiff dough.
3. Knead the dough until it is elastic and no longer sticks to your hands.
4. Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about an hour.
5. Knead down and shape into medium sized balls, about 5-6.
6. Flatten out the balls and place a cube of cheddar cheese, a cube of cold butter & a teaspoon of Bovril into the center of each ball and press to close tightly.
7. Sprinkle with a little flour and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
8. Cook over a slow fire until done crispy on the outside and slightly hollow sounding.