Braai Pie 4 Ways
2 packs Ready Rolled Puff Pastry (400g)
2 tbsp butter melted
1 tsp crushed garlic
For the spicy chicken & mayo:
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 tbsp sriracha tangy mayonnaise (more if needed to make it nice and saucy)
For the ham & cheese:
6 cooked ham slices
6 mozzarella cheese slices
For the cheese and onion:
½ onion sliced
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp chutney
For the spinach & feta:
¼ cup cream cheese
1 handful of baby spinach leaves
Feta cheese, crumbled
1. Spray the braai grid with baking spray on both sides.
2. Unroll one of the rolls of puff pastry onto the grid, using a knife gently indent the pastry splitting it into 4 quarters.
3. Add the 4 topping combinations, one in each quarter over the puff pastry, leaving a 2cm border around the edges of the pastry.
4. First, shred the chicken with two forks, combine the chicken with sriracha mayonnaise and chives and place onto the pastry.
5. The second is ham and cheese.
6. The third is cheese, onion and chutney
7. And the fourth is cream cheese, spinach and feta.
8. Season the fillings with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Unroll the second layer of puff pastry over the top, fold the edges of pastry over and press gently to seal well.
10. Brush the top of the pie with melted butter and crushed garlic and repeat on the underside once on the braai.
11. Close the grid and braai the pie over medium coals, turning regularly, for 15 minutes or until the pastry is crispy and cooked through.
12. Cut into squares and serve with an assortment of dipping sauces. ENJOY!