Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 45 minutes
1 tin (410g) Lucky Star Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
1 tin (400g) Lucky Star Pilchards in Sweet Chilli Sauce
3 XL eggs
1 cup (250ml) evaporated milk
½ tsp salt and pepper, to season (optional)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for the garnish
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat the oven at 175°C and grease a round quiche dish or 20cm square baking dish.
2. Transfer the Lucky Star Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce to the quiche dish and spread out. 3. Remove the Lucky Star Pilchards in Sweet Chilli Sauce from the tin and place them on a plate. Carefully remove the bones from the pilchards. *Chef’s Tip: Keep bones in if preferred as they are safe to consume!
4. Gently shred the pilchards into smaller chunks and add them over the beans. Keep aside the sauce from the tin.
5. Beat together the eggs and evaporated milk and season with the salt and pepper, if using. Stir through the cheese and the parsley and pour it over the pilchard mixture in the quiche dish. *Chef’s Tip: Replace the evaporated milk with fresh milk or cream, if preferred!
6. Give the mixture a gentle stir and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until just set. *Chef’s Tip: In the meantime, prepare a quick serving sauce with the leftover sweet chilli sauce from the pilchards and some mayo!
8. Carefully remove the bake from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Serve the pilchard quiche with parsley to garnish, freshly toasted and buttered bread, a side salad, and the sweet chilli mayo sauce and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
Brekkie-For-Dinner Crustless Quiche