2 big butternuts
Oil for baking
1 tbsp oil for frying
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp Robertsons paprika,
½ tsp Robertsons cinnamon
½ tsp Robertsons chili flakes
3 tsp Garam masala
1 cup red lentils
1 can tomatoes
Salt + pepper
1 Knorrox stock cube – Vegetable Curry Flavour
1 cup water
2 cups baby spinach
Cooked white rice
1. To make the butternut bowls, preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cut the top off each butternut, reserve the top and deseed the bulb part that will become your bowl.
3. Scoop out the seeds and place on a baking sheet so the inside of the butternut is facing up. Brush a little oil inside each butternut. Sprinkle each butternut with a pinch of salt and roast in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until very soft when pierced with a fork.
4. Heat the oil over a low heat in a pan and add the onion & fry gently for 5 minutes. Add the garlic & cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the paprika, cinnamon, chilli flakes & Garam masala, fry until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Peel and cube the butternut tops.
6. Add the butternut cubes, lentils & tinned tomatoes to the pan, stir through.
7. Season with salt & pepper.
8. Add 1 stock cube to the pan with 1 cup of water, simmer on low for 30 minutes.
9. Add the spinach & cook for a further 5 minutes or until nicely wilted.
10. Spoon the curry into the butternut bowls.
11. Garnish with a spoonful of yogurt and sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with fluffy white rice. ENJOY!