Caprese Dip with Garlic Butter Buns
1 tbsp olive oil
4 to 5 rashers streaky bacon
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup of marinara sauce
2 tbsp fresh basil, plus more for serving.
1 tsp chili flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1kg fresh bread dough
1/3 cup melted President butter
½ tsp dried basil
2 cups of Galbani creamy mozzarella, grated
1. Preheat oven 180°C.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and fry until crispy
3. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves and sauté until golden, about 3-5 minutes. Add the marinara sauce and heat through.
4. Stir in fresh chopped basil, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to simmer then remove from heat.
5. Knead dough on a lightly floured cutting board. Form balls with the dough, 16 in total. Shape each piece into a small ball by pinching the edges together underneath.
6. Melt butter in a microwave and add 2 cloves of crushed garlic and dried basil to the butter, stirring to combine and set aside.
7. Generously grease an ovenproof skillet with butter. Find a bowl that is about 13cm across the top, spray the outside with cooking spray and place it, top side down, in the centre of the skillet.
8. Arrange the dough balls around the outside of the skillet, pushing them together as needed until they all fit. Cover the skillet with plastic wrap and let rise until puffy, about 30 minutes. Brush dough balls generously with melted garlic butter mixture just before baking.
9. Bake the buns for about 10 minutes with the bowl in the centre. Remove from the oven, flip over the bowl and fill with the tomato sauce.
10. Brush the buns with more garlic butter
11. Top the tomato sauce with the grated cheese and sprinkle some cheese over the buns as well.
12. Place back in the oven to bake for another 10 - 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and melted.
13. Garnish with fresh basil leaves. Dunk the bread into the sauce and ENJOY!