For the pie:
2 packets of puff pastry
1 pack Fry’s Traditional Burgers
Olive oil for frying
Salt and pepper
Sesame seeds, to garnish
1 cup chakalaka
1 cup grated vegan cheese (or cheese of choice)
Baked potato wedges
Simple side salad
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Roll out the first pack of puff pastry on a floured surface, using a small plate just larger than the patty, cut 2 circles from the pastry.
3. Place 1 burger patty on top of each pastry round and wet the edges with a little water.
4. Top with a generous dollop of chakalaka and grated cheese of choice.
5. Repeat the process of cutting 2 circles from the second roll of pastry and place the circles over the top of the burgers.
6. Using a fork, seal the edges well and brush the top of the pies with a little olive oil.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds then bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
8. Serve the pies with a side of crispy baked potato wedges and tomato sauce for dipping. ENJOY!