1 cup White Star Super Maize Meal
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp spring onion
1 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp plain yoghurt
1 can corn
1 can chakalaka
1 cup grated cheese
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine maize meal, flour, baking powder, spring onion, salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil, plain yoghurt, eggs and corn.
2. Mix to create a dough-like consistency. Spread flour over your working area before rolling out the dough using a rolling pin.
3. Spread the chakalaka over the flattened bread dough. Top with grated cheese.
4. Roll up the bread dough into one long log. Cut the dough into lengths measuring roughly 10cm. Place the dough sections into the cans which have coated with butter and flour.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
6. Remove the Chakalaka Bread from the cans, serve and ENJOY!