1 tbsp President butter, melted
6 burger buns, cut in half
3 slices bacon, chopped
250g beef mince
½ onion diced
½ tsp salt
3 slices Melrose melts cut into 4 squares
1. Heat oven to 180°C
2. Brush 12 regular-size muffin cups with melted butter. Press half of a bun, cut side up, into each muffin cup, pressing to the edges and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a pan cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off most of the fat but keep about a tablespoon in the pan for frying.
4. Add beef, onion and salt to the pan. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until mince is brown and cooked through; drain.
5. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups. Gently press mixture down into cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon tomato sauce. Place a cheese square on top of each burger bite.
6. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Immediately top with crispy cooked bacon, followed by gherkin and more tomato sauce if desired.
7. Serve with crispy skinny fries and ENJOY!