1 1/2 cups White Star Super Maize Meal
1 cup cream
2 cups water
Salt to taste
1 onion, chopped
Olive oil for frying
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
16 cubes of cheddar cheese (roughly 1 x 1cm)
1/2 cup biltong shavings
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup flour
Oil for frying
1.Heat 2 cups water, add 1 cup cream and salt to taste.
2. Add 1 cup maize meal to the pot and cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously. Remove from the heat.
3. Heat olive oil in a separate pan and brown diced onion and crushed garlic.
4. Place the cooked maize meal in a large mixing bowl, add cheese, biltong shavings, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix and once combined add the browned onions and garlic to the maize meal mixture.
5. Form the mixture into balls, pop a cube of cheese into each ball. Coat each ball in flour, egg and maize meal. Repeat the egg and maize meal step twice.
6. Fry until golden and crispy and serve with a chutney dipping sauce and ENJOY!