Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
400g steak, sliced into strips
5 tbsp Nando’s PERI-PERI Prego Extra Mild Table Sauce, plus extra for assembly
2 medium onions
2 medium tomatoes
2 tbsp oil
6 Portuguese rolls
1 ½ cups (188g) grated mozzarella cheese
¼ cup (60g) garlic butter, melted
Nando’s PERInaise Original Creamy Dressing
1. Add the sliced beef to a medium-sized bowl.
2. Mix through the Nando’s PERI-PERI Prego Extra Mild Table Sauce and set the beef aside to marinade for 10-15 minutes.
3. On a clean cutting board, thinly slice the onions and tomatoes into rings. Set the tomatoes aside until ready to assemble.
4. Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a 26x20cm baking dish with baking paper.
5. Heat a medium-sized pan with the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions to the pan and sauté until caramelised, for about 6-8 minutes. Remove the onions from the pan and set aside until ready to assemble.
6. Add the beef strips to the used pan and cook for 8-10 minutes until caramelised or until the meat is cooked to your liking.
7. Slice the Portuguese rolls through the length and place the bottom half into a baking dish. Spread the extra Prego sauce onto the base of the rolls, followed by slices of tomato, the sautéed onions, caramelised beef and grated cheese.
8. Place the top half of the rolls over the cheese layer and generously brush them with the melted butter before baking for about 10-15 minutes or until the buns are golden brown and the cheese has melted through.
9. Serve the buns on a platter with a sprinkle of chopped parsley alongside chips and a dipping bowl of Nando’s PERInaise Original Creamy Dressing. ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
Cheesy Pull-Apart Prego Rolls