Cheesy Rice Casserole
1 cup Tastic parboiled rice
1 ¼ cup hot sauce
1 cup chunky salsa
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp chilli powder
2 chicken breasts
1 cup sweet corn
1 can black beans,
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
Chopped fresh coriander
1. Bring 1 cup Tastic parboiled rice to the boil in lightly salted water.
2. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C.
4. Butterfly the chicken breasts to allow for quicker cooking. Heat olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken, about 5 minutes each side.
5. Add cumin, garlic and chilli powder 5 minutes from the end of cooking.
6. Remove from the heat and shred the chicken with 2 forks.
7. Add the cooked and drained rice to a large baking dish.
8. Add the chicken, hot sauce, salsa, cumin, sweetcorn and black beans to the dish and stir to combine thoroughly.
9. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
10. Garnish with coriander, sour cream and avocado and ENJOY!