Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 50 minutes
12 baby potatoes
1 tbsp oil
½ tin (145g) NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
1 tbsp crushed garlic
¾ cup (175g) grated cheese
2 tbsp chopped chives plus extra to garnish
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
1. Add the potatoes to a large pot, cover with cold water and bring it up to a boil. Once simmering, cook for 15 minutes until fork-tender.
2. Strain the potatoes. If prepping ahead, allow the potatoes to cool for 15 minutes before refrigerating until needed. *Chef’s Tip: Place the cooled potatoes in an airtight container and use within 2 days for an easy prep-ahead snack!
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Slice the potatoes in half, lengthwise. Gently scoop out the insides of the potatoes while keeping the potato sides and skins intact.
5. Arrange the hollowed out potatoes on the baking tray and brush each with some oil.
6. Roast for 6-8 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
7. While the potatoes are roasting, heat the NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and gently simmer for 2 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Refrigerate any leftover cream and add to your favourite mash next time!
8. Mash the scooped out potatoes with a fork until smooth. Stir in the warmed cream.
9. Add the cheese, chives, salt and pepper.
10. Spoon the mashed potato mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Cut off the tip to form a piping bag.
11. Neatly pipe the potato mixture into the crispy potato skins.
12. Garnish the potatoes with some chopped chives and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
Cheesy Stuffed Potatoes