For the dough:
5 cups self-raising flour
2 ½ cups low-fat yoghurt
1 egg, beaten
3 tsp brown sugar for sprinkling on top (optional)
For the AERO Ganache:
1 x 135g NESTLÉ Aero Milk Chocolate
½ cup cream (heated in the microwave)
Filling 1: 16 rounds of sliced banana (1 medium banana)
Filling 2: 32 mini marshmallows (2 in each hole) & ½ cup vanilla cookie crumbs
Filling 3: ½ cup peanut butter
Makes 48 pie bites (3 trays of 16)
For the dough
1. Grease (with cooking spray) your ice trays to ensure the dough doesn’t stick.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour. Use a spatula to gently fold in the yoghurt, until a dough is formed.
3. On a floured surface, knead the dough by hand, 5 – 8 minutes until smooth and elastic. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, little at a time.
4. Divide the dough into 6 balls. Wrap 3 balls of dough in cling wrap and place in the fridge.
5. Roll out the other 3 dough balls into rectangles, just larger than the ice tray, and place each rolled sheet of dough over an ice tray. Press down gently into each hole to line the holes with the pastry, ensuring that the pastry is not too thin.
6. Allow to set in the fridge until needed.
For the Aero Ganache
1. Break the NESTLÉ Aero chocolate into a medium bowl and pour over the hot cream.
2. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and has emulsified with the cream to form a smooth thick consistency. Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes. It will now be a consistency thick enough to spoon
Prepping the pie bites
1. Add one teaspoon of ganache into each of the 48 pastry lined holes.
2.For the first ice tray, add a teaspoon of peanut butter over the ganache and smooth out.
3. For the second ice tray, add 2 mini marshmallows into each hole of ganache and top with vanilla cookie crumbs.
4. For the third ice tray, add a few slices of banana in each hole on top of the ganache.
5. Wet your finger and run it all along the edges of the dough of each ice tray.
6. On a floured surface, roll out the last four dough balls to 1 cm thick rectangles.
7. Lay each rectangular piece of dough over each ice tray and roll over the top with a rolling pin to ensure the edges are well sealed.
8. Place the filled ice trays in the freezer & allow for the pastry to set for 2 – 3 hours.
9. Preheat the oven to 180℃ and grease 2 large baking trays.
10. Flip out the pastry from the three ice trays and use a pizza cutter to separate the blocks from one another. Add the pastry bites onto two baking trays and brush each block with egg wash and add a small sprinkle of brown sugar.
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and crisp.
12. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
13. Serve these pie bites on a large platter and ENJOY!!