Chocolate Mint Cream Cups
Edible Chocolate Cups:
1 ½ slabs of NESTLÉ Aero Dark 85g
For the Filling:
½ cup cream
½ slab NESTLÉ Aero Mint 85g crumbled (reserve some to garnish)
1 tbsp castor sugar
1-2 drops green food colouring
2 drops peppermint essence *optional
Fresh mint to garnish
For the chocolate cups:
1. Set out 24 paper cases in a mini muffin tin. Melt the Aero Dark chocolate. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into the bottom of each case. Tilt and twist each casing around so the chocolate coats the side of the case and rest it back in the tin. Repeat with remaining papers and refrigerate for 20 minutes to harden.
For the mint cream filling:
1. In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer or whisk, beat the cream and castor sugar until stiff peaks form.
2. Add 1-2 drops green food colouring and peppermint essence and fold until you get desired mint green colour.
3. Roughly crumble the ½ Aero Mint slab, set about ¼ aside to garnish with. Fold the rest through your cream mixture. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
Assemble & serve:
1. Remove chocolate cups from fridge and peel off paper cases.
2. Place mint cream into a piping bag with desired nozzle and pipe into chocolate cups.
3. Crumble a little Aero Mint over each cup and ENJOY!
Makes 24 cups