Chocolate Orange Brownies on the Braai
6 tbsp sugar
¼ cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
¾ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ slabs chopped Aero Orange chocolate
Remaining ½ slab Aero Orange, crumbled
Ice cream (optional)
Yield: 4 Brownies
1. In a large bowl, lightly beat together sugars, eggs, vanilla, and salt until combined.
2. Add melted butter, flour and cocoa and stir until just combined.
3. Roughly chop one slab of Aero chocolate and fold it through the batter.
4. Cut the tops off the oranges and scoop out the pulp. Cut a small slice from the bottom of the oranges so that they can easily stand without falling over.
5. Fill the oranges three-quarters of the way with the chocolate brownie mix, then put the orange tops back on and wrap each orange in aluminium foil.
6. Place the oranges directly onto the smouldering coals of the braai, avoiding any intense flames, and cook for about 30 minutes, turning often. Or bake in the oven at 180C for 20 – 25 minutes.
7. To serve, remove the orange top, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each brownie and crumble the remaining half a slab of Aero Orange chocolate over the top.