Chocolate Rice Doughnut Bites
For the rice pudding:
1 cup Spekko India Gate Basmati Long Grain White Rice, 1kg
2 ½ cups milk
1 cup water
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
¼ tsp salt
2 cinnamon sticks
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
For the doughnut coating:
1 pack store-bought flapjack mix
1 slab white chocolate for dipping and drizzling
1. In a medium size saucepan combine rice, milk, water, sugar, cocoa, salt and cinnamon sticks to make chocolate rice pudding. Cover with a lid and slowly bring to a boil over medium high heat and reduce to a simmer.
2. Simmer for 25 minutes and add the sweetened condensed milk.
3. Simmer slowly for an additional 10 minutes then remove from heat.
4. Allow the mixture to cool and shape into small round balls with your hands.
5. Place the rice balls in the freezer for a couple of minutes, to ensure they hold their shape while frying.
6. Prep store-bought flapjack mix following pack instructions to create a very thick batter.
7. Dip rice pudding balls in the batter and deep-fry.
8. Fry 3-4 balls at a time in hot oil, ensuring to turn frequently to get an even cooking for 3 minutes total or until golden brown and warmed through.
9. Place all of the coated balls on a baking tray to cool slightly.
10. Serve in paper cones, with destalked strawberries, a melted white chocolate sauce & ENJOY!