1 ½ tbsp Stork margarine, melted
5 tbsp white granulated sugar
500ml cake flour
5 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
½ cup Christmas fruit mix, finely chopped
225g Stork margarine
1 ½ cups chocolate
1 cup whipped cream
1 punnet of strawberries
1. Melt Stork margarine in a saucepan.
2. Add two eggs to a mixing bowl and whisk while gradually adding the sugar.
3. Add the milk and the melted margarine to the egg mixture.
4. Stir well. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and add to the egg mixture.
5. Add the Christmas fruit mix and stir to combine.
6. Heat 225g Stork margarine in a saucepan until it melts. Once melted pour it over the chocolate pieces and stir continuously until melted and velvety, let cool to thicken.
7. Heat margarine in a small/medium sized frying pan, spoon the batter into the pan so that it is completely covered. Flip the crumpet and cook through.
8. Continue with all of the crumpet batter until you have 5 large crumpets.
9. Once cooled, spread a layer of ganache to the edges of the crumpet. Cover with a thicker layer of whipped cream. Add a single layer of sliced strawberries, pressing them gently into whipped cream. Repeat with remaining crumpet layers.
10. For the top layer, spread the remaining chocolate ganache over the top crumpet followed by whipped cream and fresh berries to garnish.
11. Sprinkle a dusting of icing sugar over the stack before serving and ENJOY!