1 cup Sasko self-raising wheat flour
1 large egg
1/3 cup buttermilk
3 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 cup icing sugar
3 Tbsp cream
Moir’s red and blue food colouring
1. In a bowl sift 1 cup self-raising flour. Once sifted add 1/3 cup castor sugar.
2. In a separate jug whisk together 1/3 cup buttermilk, 3 Tbsp butter and 1 egg before adding to the flour and sugar mixture.
3. Combine until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into a piping bag and pipe the mixture into a donut tray.
5. Bake donuts at 200°C for 7 - 9 minutes.
6. For the icing, mix 1 cup icing sugar with 3 Tbsp cream.
7. Once smooth add drops of red and blue food colouring and stir in a figure of 8 motion using a chopstick to create the galaxy icing effect.
8. Swirl your donuts face down through the icing to ice them with galaxy swirls.
9. Top with glitter sprinkles, loop ribbon through the donut center and serve as donuts on a string and ENJOY!