1 cup Tastic Bonnet Rice
3 cups water
Salt & pepper
1 cup orange juice
100g castor sugar
1 egg (for egg wash)
Oil for frying
1. Bring 1 cup of Tastic Bonnet rice to the boil in lightly salted water. Simmer for 18-20 minutes until the rice grains are plump and fluff apart with a fork.
2. Add 1 beaten egg to the rice and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Slice brie cheese into cubes.
4. Spoon 1 tbsp of rice into your hand and flatten the mixture out.
5. Place one cube of brie cheese in the centre and fold the sides to create a ball, enclosing the cheese in the centre.
6. In a separate pan, heat 350g cranberries with 1 cup of orange juice, 100g castor sugar and orange zest.
7. Bring to the boil and simmer the mixture until a syrupy consistency is achieved.
8. Dip each ball in flour, egg and breadcrumbs and fry until gold and crispy.
9. Serve bites with the cranberry dipping sauce and ENJOY!