Creative Easter Cupcakes 4 Ways
For the Cupcakes:
For the cupcakes:
1 box vanilla cake mix
1. Preheat the oven and line a muffin tin with greased cupcake liners.
2. Follow box instructions to prepare the cupcake mix and bake the cupcakes
3. Remove the tray from the oven, transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Bunny Ears Cupcakes
1 cup Milkybar chocolate, broken into chunks
½ cup cream
Fine pink sprinkles
For the Topping:
1. Heat the cream in the microwave and pour over the Milkybar chocolate, stir until melted & slightly cooled.
2. Spread the icing generously onto the cupcake. Sprinkle with coconut.
3. Cut each marshmallow diagonally & dip the sticky side into the pink sprinkles.
4. Add onto the top of the cupcake to form the ears & voila!!
Baby Chick Cupcakes
½ cup Milkybar white chocolate
¼ cup milk
1 cup butter softened
5 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
yellow food colouring
Fondant – orange & black (or suitable item to create the black eyes)
1. Warm the milk and Milkybar chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted.
2.Cream the butter until light and fluffy then stir in the melted Milkybar.
3. Gradually add in the icing sugar, about 1 cup at a time. Then add in the yellow food colouring and milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, followed by the vanilla essence.
4. Beat on high for about 1 to 3 minutes until the buttercream is smooth, fluffy and will hold a peak.
5. Scoop the icing into a piping bag with a large round tip. Pipe an even layer of icing on top of the cupcake which will form the body of the baby chicken.
6. For the head, pipe a neat dollop on top of the first layer. With the orange fondant, form the feet & a little nose for each baby chicken. With the black fondant, form the eyes. Carefully place these on the chickens and voila!
Bunny Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
2 cups Milkybar chocolate,
1 cup cream
Bright pink colouring
Black food colouring
1. Arrange your cupcakes in the shape of a bunny’s head using 11 cupcakes.
2. Heat the cream in the microwave and pour over the Milkybar chocolate, stir until melted & slightly cooled.
3. Spread the icing generously onto the cupcakes, being sure to cover all the gaps, reserving some of the icing for the finishing touches.
4. Split the remaining icing into two batches. Add pink colouring to one batch and black colouring to the other. Mix well.
5. Scoop the two batches of icing into piping bags. With a toothpick, draw the lines to form the nose, whiskers, mouth, eyes & ears.
6. Pipe with pink to form the nose & ears. Pipe with black to form the eyes, whiskers & mouth. Voila!
Easter Nests Cupcakes:
½ cup cream
1 cup Milkybar white chocolate
Pastel green food colouring
Smarties mini eggs
1. Remove the cupcakes from the liners and pop them on raffia upside down.
2. Prepare the ganache by heating the cream in the microwave and pouring it over the Milkybar chocolate while stirring.
3. Add a drop of green food colouring (to achieve a light pastel green colour) and mix. Allow to cool.
4. Level the tops of the cupcakes slightly if needed. Slowly pour the ganache over the cupcakes, sprinkle with coconut and top with speckled eggs. Voila!