Crispy Potato Bombs 4 Ways
Prepare the Smash:
2 x 104 g sachets Smash
3½ cups boiling water (a stiff mash)
2 cups grated cheese
Different filling options:
Ham, cut into cubes & grated cheese
Mince and onion mix
Wilted spinach & crumbled feta
Sliced Sundried tomato & cooked sliced mushroom
To Deep fry
3 cups oil, of choice
For the Crumb
Flat leaf parsley
For the Smash:
1. Pour the content of the sachet into a bowl. Top with boiling water while stirring well.
2. While still warm, add the grated cheese to melt.
3. When the smash has cooled slightly, roll into equal sized balls.
1. Flatten the ball slightly in your hand and add a teaspoon or two of your chosen filling.
2. Pinch to seal the filling inside and roll gently to form a neat ball.
3. Place the balls on a tray in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
1. Heat the oil in a large pot on a medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to test the oil: Dip the back of a wooden spoon in the oil, if it sizzles around the spoon, the oil is ready.
2. Dip each of the balls in flour, egg & breadcrumbs and repeat for a n extra crispy coating
3. Deep fry in batches until golden and warmed through. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
4. Top with fresh, chopped parsley.
5. Serve immediately and ENJOY!!