300g white bread flour
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp of salt
10g instant yeast
200ml -220ml lukewarm water
30ml sunflower oil
6 White Marshmallows
1 bag milk chocolate chunks
½ cup cream
Yield – 6 roosterkoeks
1. Combine the flour, sugar and salt and sprinkle the instant yeast on top.
2. Add the oil and just enough lukewarm water to form a stiff dough.
3. Knead the dough until it is elastic and no longer sticks to your hands.
4. Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about an hour.
5. Heat cream until bubbling. Pour the cream over the chocolate chunks in a bowl and allow to sit for 3 mins. Stir until smooth and chocolate has melted completely. Place in the fridge for 1hr to completely chill.
6. Knead down and shape into medium sized balls, about 5-6.
7. Flatten out the balls and spread a generous layer of chocolate ganache over each piece of dough and top with a marshmallow.
8. Roll up and seal each roosterkoek well then sprinkle with a little flour and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
9. Cook over a hot fire until bread is done, crispy and brown on the outside and slightly hollow sounding.… ENJOY!