1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
½ cup basil pesto
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
½ tsp Italian seasoning or more to taste
Salt, to taste
Fresh ground black pepper for serving
1 pack of Galbani Mozzarella
1 tsp water
1. Make sure frozen puff pastry is thawed before starting.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C.
3. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with baking paper.
4. Spread out the puff pastry on the tray and score the edge about 2cm from the edge all the way around.
5. Spread the basil pesto evenly over the puff pastry.
6. Evenly place Galbani mozzarella, roughly torn apart, over the basil pesto then add cherry tomatoes sliced in half.
7. Season with salt and pepper and lightly egg wash the edges of the puff pastry.
8. Bake for 6 – 8 minutes or until puff pastry is light golden.
9. Be careful not to let the puff pastry burn.
10. Sprinkle with roughly torn fresh basil.
11. Season with more salt and pepper before slicing into squares and serving... And ENJOY!