Extra Crispy Battered Fish & Chips
Sunflower oil, for deep frying
1 x 450g I&J Deep Water Hake Medallions
Seasoned Flour Mixture:
1 cup cake flour
Plain salt or garlic salt
1 cup flour
¼ cup corn flour
1 tsp baking power
½ tsp salt
250ml cold beer or non-alcoholic beer
2 lemons cut into quarters
Crispy potato chips
Fresh Italian Parsley
1. Heat a pot of oil on the stove to 190 °C.
2. Mix the cake flour, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Dip the frozen I&J Deep Water Hake Medallions in warm water for 2 seconds, coat with the seasoned flour mixture and set aside.
4. Whisk the flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt and cold beer together until smooth. Ensure the batter is not too runny. Coat each frozen portion in the batter.
5. Gently shake off any excess batter and carefully lower the fish into the oil and deep-fry for about approximately 7-9 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Remove and drain the deep-fried Medallions on absorbent kitchen paper.
7. Serve and ENJOY!
Serve with lemon wedges and crispy potato chips, tartar sauce, tomato sauce and cold crisp beers! ENJOY