Feed-a-Crowd Break(fast) Roll
2 cups Sasko Self-Raising Flour
1 ½ cups plain yogurt
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp garlic, crushed
9 slices ham
9 scrambled eggs, (slightly undercooked) seasoned the way you like
pinch of seasoning
9 slices cheddar cheese
Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Sift the flour and gently fold in the yogurt with a spatula until the mixture forms a dough.
2. On a floured surface, knead the dough by hand for 5-8 minutes. If too sticky, add more flour, a little at a time, while kneading. Roll out into a 25cm x 40cm rectangle.
1. Place the breakfast roll on the prepared baking sheet.
2. Add mixed herbs and garlic to the melted butter. Brush ½ over the breakfast roll.
3. Scramble eggs to your preference. Slightly undercooked.
4. Set 1/3 of the scrambled eggs down on the long edge of the rolled out dough.
5. Place 1/3 of the cheese slices over the scrambled eggs.
6. Place 1/3 sliced ham over cheese slices.
7. Roll the dough one turn at a time - repeating the process twice more. Sealing the ends after the last turn.
8. Brush the rest of the flavoured melted butter over the top of the breakfast roll.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Sprinkle with some chopped parsley, serve warm and ENJOY!