Festive Chocolate Meringue Wreath
For the pavlova:
80g Organic dark chocolate
¾ cup liquid eggs whites (6 egg whites)
¼ tsp cream of tartar
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
Strawberries, sliced in half
1. Preheat oven to 120°C.
2. Trace a circle around a 20cm cake tin on a sheet of baking paper, flip the paper over and place on baking tray.
3. In a large bowl over hot water, add the chocolate and stir continuously until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl and whip with a hand held mixer on low speed until foamy, 1-2 minutes.
5. Raise the speed to medium, and begin to add the sugar gradually, whipping to stiff peaks.
6. Sift the cocoa powder into the mixture, add the vanilla and mix to combine.
7. Gently fold in the melted chocolate, taking care not to overmix.
8. Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray along the traced circle to form a wreath. Smooth the top with a spatula.
9. Bake in the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes. Leave in the oven to cool.
10. In a bowl, whip with a hand held mixer, whip the cream until firm.
11. Remove the meringue from the parchment paper once it’s completely cooled. Gently spread the whipped cream over the meringue.
12. Top with raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and fresh mint leaves.
13. Serve and ENJOY!