Fruity Cremora Tarts Served 3 Ways
Makes 38 tart cups
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
8 (80g) coconut biscuits
2 tbsp margarine, melted
1 cup (140g) NESTLÉ Cremora Original
½ tin (192.5g) NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tsp powdered gelatine
For the classic lemon Cremora tart:
3 tbsp store-bought lemon curd
1 small lemon, thinly sliced and quartered
For the crushed pineapple Cremora tart:
3 tbsp tinned crushed pineapple, drained, plus extra for the garnish
For the tropical granadilla Cremora tart:
3 tbsp granadilla pulp, plus extra for the garnish
Small mint leaves, to garnish
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Line 2 mini muffin trays with mini cupcake liners and grease lightly.
2. Place the biscuits in a resealable bag and crush them until fine using a rolling pin. *Chef’s Tip: Finely grind the cookies in a food processor, if preferred.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the biscuit crumbs with the melted margarine and mix until well coated. Divide it between the cupcake liners by adding ½ tsp of the crumb mixture to each, pressing down firmly to form the base of the tarts. Refrigerate until needed.
4. In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whisk the NESTLÉ Cremora Original with 4 tablespoons of cold water for 3-4 minutes until tripled in volume and medium peaks have formed.
5. Add the NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk and lemon juice. Beat for 2 more minutes until smooth and thick.
6. Pour 30ml of cold water into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine on top. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes to firm up.
7. Heat the gelatine mixture in the microwave for 5-10 seconds until melted. Stir until smooth. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the whipped Cremora mixture. Pour this back into the remaining whipped Cremora mixture and whisk until smooth.
8. For the classic lemon Cremora tart: Fold the lemon curd through the Cremora tart filling until smooth. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit bases and garnish each with a slice of lemon.
9. For the crushed pineapple Cremora tart: Fold the crushed pineapple through the Cremora tart filling until evenly dispersed. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure the pineapple is thoroughly drained before adding. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit bases and garnish each with a dollop of extra crushed pineapple.
10. For the tropical granadilla Cremora tart: Fold the granadilla pulp through the Cremora tart filling until evenly dispersed. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit bases and garnish each with a dollop of extra granadilla pulp.
11. Refrigerate the tarts for 5-6 hours until set or overnight for best results. Garnish each with a mint leaf and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍