1 roll of puff pastry
½ cup raspberries
½ cup strawberries
½ cup blueberries
½ cup sugar
2 Rooibos Laager tea bags
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp water
Icing sugar, for the garnish
1. Place 2 teabags into 250ml of boiling water and allow to steep.
2. In a medium pot slowly reduce blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and sugar with the Rooibos tea until a jam type consistency is achieved.
3. Roll out the puff pastry and using a cookie cutter or a bowl cut out some medium sized circles
4. Top half of the pastry rounds with 1 rounded tablespoonful of the Rooibos/Berry mixture (Don't overfill or your pies will not stay together.)
5. Dampen edges of puff pastry with water, and fold over the pastry rounds, pressing edges with a fork to seal.
6. Cut a slit in the top of each round for steam to escape.
7. Stir together egg and water; brush pies with egg wash. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
8. Bake at 180°C for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Garnish with a dusting of icing sugar & ENJOY!