Fully Loaded Braai Boat
For the tomato & onion relish:
4 tomatoes, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 – 2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 green peppers, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
For the braai boat:
1 large ciabatta
2 braaied mielies, cut from the cob
1 pack Fry’s Rice Protein & Chia Nuggets 240g
1 cup of grated vegan cheese (or cheese of choice)
Chopped spring onion, to garnish
1. Heat olive oil in pan, add onion and brown lightly. Add the crushed garlic and heat with onion.
2. Add green pepper and stir-fry lightly.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and sugar, let simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add the basil. Set aside.
5. Bake the nuggets in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes until golden and crispy.
6. Slice a channel out of the top of the bread loaf and hollow it out a little.
7. Layer the braai relish, mielies and Fry’s nuggets inside the bread and top with a little more braai relish and the grated cheese (optional).
8. Pop the hollowed out bread back on top, wrap the loaf in tin foil and place on the braai.
9. Bake the loaf for 20 - 25 minutes or until the bread is heated through.
10. Unwrap the loaf, slice into segments and sprinkle spring onion over the top before serving with a chutney dipping sauce. Dig in & ENJOY!