3 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 handfuls of baby spinach
Cherry tomatoes on the vine
1 tsp. dried oregano
100g President feta cheese broken into chunks
A little extra crumbled President Feta for serving
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh basil for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a bowl, crack the eggs and add the milk, season with salt & pepper and whisk thoroughly. Set aside.
3. Add the oil to an oven-proof pan (preferably a cast iron skillet) and add the onion. Sauté for 4 minutes until the onions are translucent.
4. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and fry for a few minutes until soft.
5. Add in the spinach and stir until beginning to wilt.
6. Sprinkle over the oregano, then pour in the egg mixture.
7. Break the feta cheese into chunks on top evenly and place the vine cherry tomatoes in the center.
8. Cook for just 2-3 minutes till the bottom begins to set, then transfer the skillet to the preheated oven.
9. Cook for 15-20 minutes until just set. Turn on the oven's grill to brown the top for about 5 minutes.
10. Serve hot or at room temperature sprinkled with salt and pepper, more crumbled feta and fresh basil... And ENJOY!